Order Before June 5 via ground shipping or June 10 via 2nd-day to Get Your Gift in Time for Father's Day!

A Back-To-School Celebration

August 09, 2023

Designs by Lolita Back to School

New routines, growth, excitement – going back to school is a major transition. Whether you’re a first timer, watching your baby go off to school the first time. Or a veteran parent sending your child off for their last year. This time can be stressful for both moms and kids!

Many first timers cry and worry about how their baby is doing all day. As parents, we worry that their teacher will be “bad” or that no one can manage or understand them better than us! (It’s okay Mama, take a deep breath!) The fastest way to stop worrying is to have a little send off with the neighborhood moms. Surround yourself with your local “Mom Tribe” and make your own tradition this back-to-school season! A rite of passage for YOU!

On my Instagram I did a poll asking, “What is your back to School Style?” Do you...

  4. CRY

Overwhelmingly, my followers chose number #1… 80% of moms said bring your own booze and a chair. Pop that champagne and camp chair ASAP! The remaining 20% was comprised of shoppers, spa goers and first time back to school moms (first time for everything…believe me, dropping them off at college is much harder because they never really come back home permanently!)

Begin the first week of school well rested and plan to celebrate on the First Friday of the school year. It's time for a fun cocktail or glass of wine with the girls! Once the big day is here, why not turn it into a mini girl-time celebration with the other moms on your block? It wasn’t easy getting through the summer after all!

My Tribe of Mom's

Can you relate to the fact that on Mother’s Day, you still end up exhausted? The Big Back-To-School Sendoff is not the milestone to dread! Think; a 6-hour break every day. Mom time, multitudes of errands done with no crying, it’s a nice change to the usual routine!

If you’re still worried, spending time with other moms can help take the edge off. These are people who understand the daily joys and pressures of parenthood! As parents we need a little time not having to tend to lunch, wiping noses or running kids back and forth before they’re able to drive!! I remember how busy I seemed to stay (even when mine were in school) with errands, doctor and dentist appointments. As a mom you need to take a little time here and there to focus on you. Remember, you can’t pour from an empty glass!!!

Toast to the new transition and have a celebration with your Mom Tribe!

My First Day of School

If it’s nice out and you have a porch or backyard, you can set up a pretty and sweet little space outdoors. Put a few chairs in a circle and have a cooler to keep your drinks from getting warm. If the weather isn’t appealing or you don’t have outdoor space, you can still set up an amazing indoor space!

For my brunch I chose a soft yellow and green color palette. This is one of my favorite color combinations, and not just for spring!!! Have a little fun with your décor - it is a celebration after all! Create a fun “in cocktail class” activity. Get a mini chalkboard and write funny quips, like “Mom’s Time Out Board”. You could also have each mom sign it or write why they are so happy the kids are back to school…lol! So fun and on point!!!!

My glasses are the perfect thing to accompany party décor! Snag my Best Mom Ever Hand-Painted Wine Glass for the members of your tribe. Or choose a glass that fits their personality! My garden themed glasses would be perfect option for mis-matched glasses that still feel consistent, this way each mom leaves with her own bouquet!

Lemon Garlic Hummus

Be sure to have food on hand, after all – is it really a party without food? I’m a little over Charcuterie to be honest - seems like EVERY SINGLE PARTY this Summer has had one! To keep with the finger food friendly aspect of Charcuterie, try something light like this delicious lemon garlic hummus!

2 cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil, or more to taste
1 ½ tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
4 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
1 pinch coarse salt

Combine garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse several times to mix. Process until hummus is smooth, about 1 minute.

OR for an easier option…

Buy plain Hummus and add fresh lemon juice to taste!! Stir and serve.

There are a variety of ways you could go about drinks for your back-to-school brunch. BYOB, a mimosa bar, batch cocktails... choose whichever option suits your crowd and is easiest for you! Above all, you want to keep the event fun but SIMPLE! You don’t have to drink or struggle through this new step alone. After all, that’s what your Mom Tribe is for! Wait!!! That’s the perfect wine mom glass!!!